Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Crazy Thing We Call Life

It never ceases to amaze me how fast time flies. Believe it or not our family has celebrated three birthdays. I guess I like to have babies in the winter. There is a method to my madness. I don't like being hot!!!!! :) Marin has turned 7. She is already counting down to 8. It really seems like yesterday since she was born, but in other ways it seems like an eternity. We have moved to 3 different states since then! We invited a few of the Short extended family over for Marin's birthday. She loved being the girl of the evening.


The kids were anxiously awaiting the cake. Afterwards they had way too much fun running around and making noise. But luckily we LOVED it. It is nice to have people to celebrate with!






A week later Sydney celebrated her first birthday! Wow. I guess I can't use the excuse of still needing to loose ten pounds because I had a baby. She is no longer an infant. She loved being the center of attention. It is weird how they can tell when the day is all about them. I was all caked out after Marin's cake (not that it was anything special) so Sydney got cupcakes.


I guess all of the excitement got to Sydney, she wouldn't sit still for anything for a picture!

Don't you love how kids think that toys are more fun in their mouth. I am happy to report Sydney does now know how to put the letter in the contraption on the fridge.

Not only do toys taste great, but so does cake!!!!!



Then 2 weeks later Macy celebrated her 6 birthday. Sometimes I just sit and look closely at my kids and think, "When did you grow to be so big? Where did the baby face go?" Macy loves girly things. It is sad that she had to turn 6 before she got a crown and jewels!


Well we have a break few a minute before the next birthday so for now the celebrations are over. But it has been a blast!

2 comments:

B. said...

Here's the crazy thing. Just yesterday, Julianne said, "Have the Shorts updated their blog lately?"

Its good to get an update. The kids look huge! And the girls are looking more and more like Connie.

rozalyn said...

So glad you guys updated! Ahh...the spring birthdays...Garrett's is next Sunday (he's requested 2 cakes--1 police car cake for the family party and 1 transformer cake for the friend party he is under the impression I am going to do--and chocolate and vanilla cupcakes to take to class so his classmates can have a choice which kind they want. Yeah, I'm right on that buddy!). You're kiddos are soo big! It's fun to see the birthday pictures. We sure miss you.