Monday, February 18, 2008

I don't even know what to title this...

It is pretty sad that our last blog was in December. I truly am the worst at this. But for those of you who would like a little update, here we go. Yes, I know, it is a little late for Christmas pictures, but they have been waiting patiently in my camera for this moment so here they are.





We got together with all the Short cousins and visited a petting zoo in Star. The kids got to feed the animals and sit on Santa's lap. We enjoyed spending time with everyone. Unfortuntely we were all busy herding kids and I didn't get a group picture of everyone! Next time.









The weather in Idaho was made us feel like we never moved from Nebraska. There has been a lot of snow that will not melt. The kids have even had 2 snow days. They tell me that last year no one had to use their snow shovels the entire winter. I don't even know how many times we have used it so far. I would use it more but Loren took it to his office. That seems to be happening a lot lately. Luckily he finally bought a vacuum so that I could have mine back! That is ok, I am willing to share, for now. We even had church cancelled a few weeks ago. Loren was nice and played with the kids in the snow.



Our snowman is missing eyes, a nose, a mouth and all the rest of the fixings but at least he was really tall!






The office is officially open for buisness. Loren has seen oh probably between 15-20 patients. He has put on his first set of braces and hopefully more will take the plunge soon! It seems unreal that it is all really happening!


I am trying to get used to being bored. That is what happens when you move. Your life as you know it ends and you have to find a new one. Unfortunately, I am a little bit slow this time figuring out my life. I have been hired at the YMCA to teach step aerobics, but other than that I am callingless and scheduleless. I know those aren't words, but that is ok. I am just trying to enjoy the time that I have to do nothing. It is actually kind of sad because I am so used to doing nothing that I actually forgot to go visiting teaching one day. I don't even look at my calendar to remind me of things because there isn't anything written on it. Hopefully, I will remember next month!

Loren will leave next week to start his job in Texas. He will go there to practice orthodontics one week out of every four. It should be interesting. I usually melt down after the third day that he is gone so hopefully I will be stronger from now on!
We are entering the season of birthdays in our family so hopefully my next post won't be so long.
Thanks to all our family and friends for their love and support!





















9 comments:

rozalyn said...

Hey! Great pictures! Looks like you guys are settling in alright. What's up with the Texas thing? Is that long term?

Short Family said...

He is going to work one week out of every four and then we won't have to pay ourselves from his business. Hopefully it will be a maximum of 2 years.

rozalyn said...

you're a much stronger person than I.

Short Family said...

We'll see if that is a true statement or not. He leaves in a few days and I am not feeling all that strong!

Becca said...

Hey, I didn't know that you taught aerobics. So do I! What part of Texas is Loren working in? We live there you know?

Kristine said...

Cute pictures. Sometimes I feel like we took the Nebraska weather with us to Atlanta as well. Sounds like Loren's office is doing well. We miss you guys.

Mike

The Domans said...

ohh! The short family is so cute! It looks like things are going great for you! I love the new office,so fancy! Your kids are looking so grown up. Tell them hi from Kim Doughnut!!

Short Family said...

Hey Becca, He works in Beaumont! What a place!

Debra Darling said...

TJ and I were just discussing the other day just how good of a Home Teacher Loren was, and subsequently, how much we missed all of you. It looks and sounds like you are all doing well. Tell your family we say hello.