I can't believe that school is finally over! For real! We are not quite sure how we fit in the world now. The kids keep asking if dad is going to school today, we have to start training them to ask if he is going to work! Wow, work. Loren graduated from University of Nebraska on Dec. 1. There wasn't a formal graduation, but a banquet with all residents and faculty. We were lucky enough to have both Loren's parents and my parents there to celebrate with us. I was wrestling with Sydney the whole time, so Macy was taking pictures. Therefore the quality is lacking, you can only do so much! Roz I am going to use your excuse. I just had a baby (ok, nine months ago!).
This is a picture of Loren with his classmates, Mike and Paul and the full time faculty.
Here is Marin with my mom and dad. Sitting for a few hours is not very fun for little kids, can you tell?
Marshall was lucky enough to sit on Grandma Short's lap.
After 3 hours at graduation we actually got everyone to sit for another few minutes for a picture. It was quite the feat.
The next weekend we loaded up our Movex van and headed out to Idaho. You always hope that the move will go smoothly, but unfortunately it rarely happens and this time was no exception. Our moving van arrived 6 hours late which meant that Loren and all our slave labor (j/k I mean friends) only had 1 hour of daylight to load the truck. The other 3 1/2 hours were in the dark. I can't forget to mention the thick layer of ice in the parking lot from the snow storm a few days earlier and the freezing rain that day. It was quite the day. By the time we loaded the truck, rounded up our kids, and ate dinner, we arrived back at our apartment at 10:00 PM and still had to pack the rest of our stuff and clean our apartment so that we could leave early the next morning. Well, unfortunately we didn't get out all that early. I wish that I would have taken a picture of the kids loaded in the van because they were truly packed in there like sardines. (Our camera battery was dead and I still haven't found the charger, I hope I find it because I have opened every box!) I kept telling Loren that we could buy new cleaning supplies, a new broom, new tp and paper towels, new whatever!!!!! He still kept packing the car until we really couldn't fit anything else. My question was, "how are the kids going to get out to go to the bathroom?" I was sneaky and put some things in the dumpster when he wasn't looking! Our trip across Nebraska took forever. Yes, I know it is a long state, but this time it seemed to take twice as long! Our windshield wiper fluid was frozen so we could barely see out of the windshield because of all the dirt, and ice the trucks were throwing at us. We got to Laramie and they closed the road for the night. Marin was very excited to sleep in a hotel. She got her wish. We were trying to make it to Brigham City, Utah to stay with my sister, but it didn't work out. The next day we made it to Idaho with only a few hours of snow fall. We were very happy to make it. It is reassuring that I will most likely never have to make a long move ever again!!! Yea!!!!


It has been fun to see Loren's office. It is very close to being done. It is also fun to live in a place where we can spread out a little bit. I have never had so much space. There are actually closets that aren't even half full yet. And to have a garage is truly amazing.

I was really looking forward to having a living room that was a living room, not a play room. AS you can tell from the toys in the picture. I am tired of toys in the the living room. For some reason I can not convince the kids to play in the loft upstairs. I think that they are too used to playing where I am. Any ideas of how to solve this problem?

We finally purchased a couch, for the first time ever in our marriage! It was great. Actually my sister bought it for us, but we looked at it online, does that count? I guess we are now real people in the real world since we have purchased real furniture!

Thanks to everyone that has helped us with our big move! We could not have done it with out you! Anyone who has tended kids, lifted heavy stuff, called to see if we are ok, etc.........
Merry Christmas to you all!

5 comments:
Connie your house is AWESOME!!!! Congratulations on everything. I'm so glad you guys made it alright. We LOVE your house and the couches!!!!!!!!!! Wow, NEW COUCHES!!!! That's so exciting! Isn't it just fun to sit on them???? My friend had the same toy problem when she moved into a house. She said it took a little while, but the kids eventually got used to the idea. Just keep taking the toys back upstairs, having them take them back upstairs, and threatening to throw them away if they aren't back upstairs. That's what she did anyway. Merry Christmas in your new house!
WOW!!!! Congratulations! It must be such a wonderful feeling to be done with school! Good luck in your new ventures! Your house looks great. I think that kids will always want to play where you are. At least that's what mine seem to want to do.
That's too bad about the move out. Ours wasn't much better with Kira throwing-up every hour or so on the drive out to Atlanta. Oh well, atleast we finally made it. Your office looks great--I am jealous. I can't wait to open up my own office. Keep in touch.
Mike
As for keeping the kids up in the loft, I think the easiest solution would be to invest in a set of shock collars. You could just strap them on the kids' necks whenever you wanted them to play up there, and just set the edges of the loft as the perimeter. "But mom . . . we want to come down and play with you . . . ," . . . ZAP! Problem solved!
Sophie says: "ohhohhhoooohhswhooh" which we roughly translate to mean: "I miss the Short family." So do her parents.
There is a big void in our ward family and at Paul IXVIW Heights. We are thinking about sneaking into the clubhouse and replacing the picture of the Pope with that one Celeste took of Loren and his mullett/stache.
Post a Comment