I am proud to announce that I didn't make a single costume that my kids wore. I bought them all and was happy to do it. Sometimes you can only do what you can do!
We went trick or treating at Loren's school. Marin and Macy were very concerned that we were going without them. Sometimes having to go to school can be a bummer. We saw a few of our friends there as well. Marshall is the Lion, he is here with his friend Kari (the Hershey's kiss) and Emma, aswell as Bev the secretary for the department.
Marin wanted to be a soccer player. Who would have guessed? In fact this past weekend the girls were invited to a princess b-day party. Marin let us know that she didn't have to dress up like a princess and that it would be ok if she went as a soccer player. Macy however was happy to dress up as a princess.
Macy is a ballerina spider. All last year Macy participated in a ballet/tap dance class. I had to morgage our non-existent home to pay for her dance costume and then come to find out her one and only performance was on Sunday! So did she wear it? NO!!!!!! Therefore there was no question that she was going to wear it for Halloween. The most expensive costume ever!
Marshall loved being a lion. He made sure he roared at everyone!
Sydney was a kitty. Are cats pink? I don't think so, but it was cute and the first costume I saw at Target so there you go!

After we picked up the girls we decided to try "A Walk in the Stalks" at Hy-Vee. It is a grocery store in town where they have trick or treating in the parking lot. They have different stations set up and they have sponsors that pass out coupons for Happy Meals and prizes and candy. Unfortunately we had to wait in line for an hour in the cold. I am not sure how much fun the kids had. I know that for myself I would have preferred the traditional trick or treating, but oh well!

I couldn't resist documenting Loren's Russian jacket that he found at the Goodwill. He handled Hy-Vee better than I did! Happy Halloween!

2 comments:
Way to go on the Halloween costumes! You should've just said that you made them. None of us would have known any different. How tall is Marin now? Amanda had her 7 year old well child today. I can't remember how tall she is because I was trying so hard to calculate (I'm horrible at math) when she'll be out of her booster. Doug had to help me out; it's something like age 12.
I think Marin is around 51 inches tall. All I know she is over the 6 and 60 pound thing but I am keeping her in a booster for a while.
Post a Comment